Subject: README: New X distribution available
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Scott Reynolds <scottr@og.org>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 08/30/1997 11:29:19
In an effort to kick some of the projects off of my `required for NetBSD
1.3' list, I've let one of my IIx's crank on the X11 distribution for the
last several days.  Here's the result.

--scott

PS - you can find it in

	ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/arch/mac68k/X11/

-----[ pub/NetBSD/arch/mac68k/X11/README ]-----

This directory contains a full X11 build for NetBSD/mac68k systems.
Except for some minor changes to facilitate building under NetBSD in
general, the X clients and related libraries were built "out of the box"
from an XFree86 3.3.1 tree, which in turn was based on X11R6.3.
The Xmac68k server is an updated version of that shipped with the
NetBSD 1.2 release, and supports monochrome displays only.

Binaries were built on, and require, a NetBSD/mac68k 1.2G system.

The distribution has been split into 3 pieces:

	xbase12G	X clients, shared libraries, fonts, and related
			man pages.  Also includes bitmaps and miscellaneous
			configuration files.

	xserver12G	The Xmac68k monochrome server with man pages.

	xcomp12G	Static libraries, include files (except bitmaps),
			X config files (for xmkmf), and related man pages.

--scott reynolds, 30 August 1997