Subject: Hehe... IIci problems now ;-)
From: SamMaEl <rimsky@teleport.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 08/30/1997 02:48:05
	Well, I sold the IIsi and now am trying to get my IIci to run BSD
with my ethernet card. I had problems with it when I first installed 1.2.1
and ended up just taking it out of the machine.

	Here is what I get when I boot:

<Gets up to the drive initializing fine...>
nubus0 at mainbus0
macvid0 at nubus0: Radius PrecisionColor 24Xp /* the card that WORKS! */
macvid0: 832 x 624, monochrome /* booted in black and white */
grf0 at macvid0
ae0 at nubus0: address 00:00:94:03:a8:ca, type MacCon Ethernet, 16k mem.

<Big pause as the machine hangs...>

	And, that is where it dies, obviously. I have ran BSD fine for
months... the only problem being that it didn't like my SCSI disk much.
Then, tonight I swapped the 4, 1MB SIMMs with another 4, 4MB SIMMs to give
me 32MB of RAM, and decided to try the ethernet card.

	I do remember that the boot never used to get this far. I think I
had the cards in different slots, and instead of just hanging, it scrolled
the screen with another error about slot 2. (I don't remember the exact
error, but I remember Scott R. telling me that it was a problem with
whatever was in slot 2)

	I will try swapping slots, etc... and wait for any advice ;-)

	Thanks!

-----
My name is rewt... you have SIGKILLed my father... prepare to vi!

Ryan Ordway
rimsky@teleport.com
http://www.teleport.com/~rimsky