Subject: Re: bad system call revisited
To: Colin Wood <cwood@ichips.intel.com>
From: Michael G. Schabert <mikeride@prez.buf.servtech.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 08/30/1997 02:45:17
>Michael G. Schabert wrote:
>> ><tirade>
>> >Please don't use HTML!!! It makes it really hard to read for the vast
>> >majority of people on this list who probably don't use Netscape to read
>> >their mail.
>> ></tirade>
>>
>> Actually, I use Eudora, not NetScape.
>
>Ah...just as bad ;-)  Actually my abhorrence of Eudora is from 3 years of
>supporting it...university professors!!!

Heh, it beats the heck out of supporting FirstClass...Elementary Teachers!
Give me AIMS and Eudora any day.

I used Eudora's block indent because it makes it that much easier to tell
the typed text from the included text. Of course, many ppl on this list
(unlike the vast majority of the 'Net) are using pico or similar, given the
nature of the list is UN*X on Mac. Here, I'll try to remeber to keep it to
manual tabs or line separators.

>> I already changed that in the etc/fstab awhile ago :(
>
>Hmmm.....and it's still dying?  What does the line in /etc/rc say?

Here's /etc/rc from the swap to the end of the cases. I'm getting the
default unknown error:

===========================
# Add all block-type swap devices; these might be necessary
# during disk checks.
swapctl -A -t blk

if [ -e /fastboot ]; then
	echo "Fast boot: skipping disk checks."
elif [ "$1" = autoboot ]; then
	echo "Automatic boot in progress: starting file system checks."
	fsck -p
	case $? in
	0)
		;;
	2)
		exit 1
		;;
	4)
		echo "Rebooting..."
		reboot
		echo "Reboot failed; help!"
		exit 1
		;;
	8)
		echo "Automatic file system check failed; help!"
		exit 1
		;;
	12)
		echo "Boot interrupted."
		exit 1
		;;
	130)
		# interrupt before catcher installed
		exit 1
		;;
	*)
		echo "Unknown error; help!"
		exit 1
		;;
	esac
fi
===========================

>> Any other suggestions?
>
>Hmmmm...you've got me stumped at the moment.  The only other suggestion I
>can come up with at the moment is a complete reinstall from scratch...a
>pain, I know.

At least I've got all the tarballs locally. I just didn't want to if
someone could find the problem instead. It's actually the D/Ling that's the
pain. But on the good side, my ISDN line should be completed next week :)
:) :).

Well, thanks a lot for your time,
Mike

Bikers don't *DO* taglines.