Subject: Re: Making a new kernel
To: Xiamin Raahauge <xiamin@scdesantis.ne.mediaone.net>
From: Colin Wood <cwood@ichips.intel.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 08/29/1997 16:04:01
Xiamin Raahauge wrote:

> When making a new kernel, what other programs need to be recompiled?
> Things like ps, etc. Is it just things in group kmem?

It depends on how new the kernel is.  Generally, _before_ compiling a new
kernel, you want to make sure that you have the versions of config and
make that match your kernel source.  If there have been changes to the
libkvm stuff, then you'll want to recompile those also (and libkvm as
well). Take a look at the FAQ for a fairly good list of which programs
these are.

Hope this helps.

Later.