Subject: Re: Mac IIsi problems
To: SamMaEl <rimsky@teleport.com>
From: Allen Briggs <briggs@puma.macbsd.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 08/29/1997 19:02:39
> 	Virtual Memory is off, and I don't have RAM doubler ;-)

Umm...  Just curious, but on MacOS 8 and MacOS 7.1, at least, the swap
configuration is useless and disabled if VM is turned off.
Do you have the Apple 32-bit System Enabler?  If so, remove it--it
shouldn't be needed on a IIsi, but I don't know if it's shipped and
active at all...
Have you tried booting with extensions off and dbl-checking the memory
and video settings before booting?

Hmm...  With a IIsi not using internal video, there might be a problem
because of how the memory is mapped differently.  With internal video
enabled, the part of bank A not used for the display is mapped to
follow bank B and bank B is mapped to 0x0.  With internal video disabled,
bank A is at 0x0 and bank B is mapped to follow bank A (at 1MB).  The
IIci is the same, but most people have more than 1MB in bank A of their
IIci so it's not a problem.

Can you try using the internal video, if you're not using it?

-allen

--
              Allen Briggs - end killing - briggs@macbsd.com