Subject: Re: LC/Performa 475 boots (serial console)
To: Johan Claesson <Johan.Claesson@uab.ericsson.se>
From: John P. Wittkoski <jpw@netscape.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 08/28/1997 12:53:11
Johan Claesson wrote:

> I think it depends of what distribution you use. I'm using the
> current-970710 with HWDIRECT.356 on my LC 475. I haven't seen any
> problems with his combination. On my IIcx I have been using an old
> current distribution with GENERIC-26. But any kernel newer than that
> have been problematic. Panics and core-dumps.

FYI for all you with 475 machines:

Johan sent me a message that the HWDIRECT.356 kernel works
properly and boots fine when using an add-on video card instead
of internal video. I was not sure whether the video card was
a NuBus or PDS/LC card, exactly, but it points to the problem
being mapping of the video screen, I think. (The Q605 has the
same symptoms, I'll note)

	--John