Subject: Re: New Booter, which should fix IIvx booting problems
To: Colin Wood <cwood@ichips.intel.com>
From: Allen Briggs <briggs@puma.macbsd.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 08/28/1997 16:33:55
> is it necessary to turn them off in the booter as well?  Just
> trying to figure this out... ;-)

It's necessary to at least flush the caches after the kernel is loaded
because you don't want to start executing code at an address that hasn't
been flushed out of the data cache (you'll get the previous contents of
that RAM).  That should only be an issue on the 040, I think (it has
separate data and instruction caches).  It's safer to go ahead and just
turn them off, too.  I don't recall the assembly code being in there--I
think we used to just call the macos entry points to flush the caches...

-allen

--
              Allen Briggs - end killing - briggs@macbsd.com