Subject: Re: LC/Performa 475 boots (serial console)
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Johan Claesson <Johan.Claesson@uab.ericsson.se>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 08/27/1997 15:22:56

> > Hi folks!
> >
> > I can proudly announce that the LC/Performa 475 boots (using serial
> > console).

> How far did it get before it failed?
> =

[Preserving xxxxx bytes of...]

That's all it says!

> Please make sure that the booter doesn't have MACHID 89 hard-coded if
> you distribute it. A better idea would be to have the booter, when it >=
 sees 90, substitute 89. That way all other machines run fine.

Ok I see your point here, but I am not sure about how MacOS gives
gestaltID:s to unknown machines.But the only machines you can accelerate
the way I did is the LC 475 and LC III, right? =

When I first started to work with this issue, I was considering if I
shuld make the changes to the kernel source or the Booter source. But
when it comes to compilation time, the choise was clear as water "The
Booter source".

> > My next wish is to get the internal video to work. Maybe I can hard c=
ode
> > this part to ;-)

Do you hav an answer to this question? Is there some good way to check
for the addresses for the internal video?

Don't worry - be happy!
/Johan

-- =

Johan Claesson =

=C4S/UAB/Z/IKA =B7 Ericsson AXE Research and Development
System Administration & Support
Phone: +46 (0)8 727 3095, ECN 851 3095