Subject: Re: shutdown -r
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Mark Andres <mark@ratbert.aisol.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 08/26/1997 23:09:52
Hi,

I was one of the people who noted the original problem with the IIcx and
doing a 'shutdown -r' or 'reboot'.  A quick update.  I was using the Taras
color kernel and I was getting the blank screen but no reboot with that
kernel.  I recently had some hard disk problems and I had to reformat the
disk and reinstall.  I installed 1.2.1 whereas before I was running 1.2.
Since I don't run X on my IIcx anymore (it's now a web server), I just
installed the GENERIC kernel in the 1.2.1 distribution.  And now both
'shutdown -r' and 'reboot' work.  Just in case anyone wanted to know.

Mark Andres                  E-mail: mark@ratbert.aisol.net
          Running NetBSD, 100% Microsoft Free!
Me: /www2.giganet.net/~mark/ NetBSD: /bullwinkle.aisol.net/