Subject: RE: LC/Performa 475 boots (serial console)
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Robert Leenheer <rsl@satserv.nl>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 08/26/1997 11:04:41
>Hi folks!

>Since I have modified the motherboard, the problem was that the booter
>couldn't recognize what kind of Mac model to use while booting.
>So to go round this issue I downloaded the Booter sources (vers. 1.10.0)
>and hard coded the MACHID to 89. The gestalt function otherwise would
>coolect the MACHID 90. First I tried to boot this without the serial
>console, and was so dissipointed of my (Brand) new Booter.
>So I thougt "let give this serial console thing" a try.
>SUCCESS!

I experienced similar problems when upgrading my LCIII from 25 to 33MHz. But an extensions
exist called
' Who Am I?' which changes the gestalt value to any machine ( or value ) you want.
If I use this extension and boot
NetBSD my LCIII gets properly recognised as an LCIII.

( I forgot where I downloaded this extension but an archie or web search will probably
find it )

Robert