Subject: Re: ADB interface
To: None <emmettp@primenet.com>
From: John P. Wittkoski <jpw@netscape.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 08/25/1997 11:37:43
Emmett D. Payne wrote:

> After downloading your HWDIRECT ADB driver,  my question is what
> utilities do I need using the MacOS to uncompress and compile the kernel
> source and driver? (I have Stuffitt, MacGzip, Alpha, McZip, suntar,
> ZipIt and ShrinkWrap.)

If you'd like to try to see if my new patches work on your machine I
would REALLY recommend to simply use the default install set and
just install the kernel you want to test.

You can find info on how to do this for the HWDIRECT kernel at
http://www.macbsd.com/~jpw/adb.html

Or at Takashi's page, which has some PB170 specific kernels.

You'll at least need a working system before you compile the
kernel, anyway.

Also, those adb patches you got from my directory are OLD. I
would recommend you use the new HWDIRECT.356 kernel is anything,
although I don't know for sure whether it works on a PB170

	--John