Subject: Re: IIfx question
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Adrian Rollett <acrollet+@andrew.cmu.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 08/20/1997 00:03:11
On Tue, 19 Aug 1997, Erik E. Fair wrote:

> The IIfx (and the LaserWriter Pro 630) needed a passive SCSI terminator
> with a different resistance, and hence used a black terminator, instead of
> a beige one.
>
> My IIfx was originally a IIx that got a logic board swap; also the RAM
> SIMMs are wierd (64 pin, if memory serves). However, mine was all US stuff,
> direct from Apple (I used to work there). There may or may not have been
> some difference between the II and IIx power supplies - dunno. Mine was not
> replaced in the upgrade.

Yes, all that is correct, but AFAIK, it is redundant, because the FAQ sez
that BSD does not and probably will not work with the fx - Am I wrong? Did
someone make it work?

-Adrian

Adrian Rollett						5425 Forbes Ave.
Majetich Lab - Carnegie Mellon University 		Pittsburgh, PA
acrollett@cmu.edu					15217
Finger for pgp public key etc.|