Subject: Quadra SCSI kernel
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Allen Briggs <briggs@puma.macbsd.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 08/19/1997 12:25:59
OK.  I've got a new test kernel for folks that are willing to try
something new and possibly dangerous on their systems.  This kernel
should work on the 660AV and 840AV (but using the slower accesses).
It should also work if you are using DAFB for display...

Please let me know if you try it.  I was able to build the world
successfully on the previous round of the driver and I was unable
to break the new version of the driver with a quick test.  Until I
test it some more, though, I still consider this driver dangerous....

With this driver, my Q700 (25MHz, not overclocked) built the world
(including rm -rf /usr/obj/* ; make obj) in a little over 24 hours.

The kernel is at:
	ftp://puma.macbsd.com/pub/outgoing/briggs/netbsd-970819.gz

Thanks,
-allen

--
              Allen Briggs - end killing - briggs@macbsd.com