Subject: Re: kernel -current make problems...
To: Colin Wood <cwood@ichips.intel.com>
From: Mason Loring Bliss <mason@acheron.middleboro.ma.us>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 08/18/1997 11:57:42
On 8/17/97 at 7:56 PM -0700, you wrote:

> As it turns out, 99% of problems building -current can be fixed by either
> rebuilding config or rebuilding make ;-)  The rest can be solved by
> resupping ;-)

Heh... Well... I'm using the latest tarred config right now, and from all
appearances I've got a recent supped version of the kernel (common and
mac68k) as of 4:00 AM today, and yet:

making sure the fpsp is up to date...
ld -r -o fpsp.o copyright.o  netbsd.o  bindec.o  binstr.o  decbin.o  do_func.o
gen_except.o  get_op.o  kernel_ex.o  res_func.o  round.o  sacos.o  sasin.o
sata
n.o  satanh.o  scosh.o  setox.o  sgetem.o  sint.o  slogn.o  slog2.o  smovecr.o
srem_mod.o  scale.o  ssin.o  ssinh.o  stan.o  stanh.o  sto_res.o  stwotox.o
tbl
do.o  util.o  x_bsun.o  x_fline.o  x_operr.o  x_ovfl.o  x_snan.o  x_store.o
x_u
nfl.o  x_unimp.o  x_unsupp.o  bugfix.o
ld: x_unimp.o: malformed input file (not rel or archive)
*** Error code 1

Stop.
*** Error code 1

Stop.

Does this suggest anything to anyone? Unfortunately, I compiled the beast
in a 'screen' window, and I don't seem to be able to retrieve the bit where
x_unimp.o was compiled, so I can't see if there were any errors there. I'm
hoping someone else has seen and figured out this particular problem. If
not, I'll try it again, making sure I keep a copy of my output next time so
I can see exactly what happened with x_unimp.o to make it so unsocial.

Thanks in advance for the additional help! I feel like I've been flooding
people with requests for help... All I can say is that once I've topped the
hill, I'll start contributing code. I've already decided that I like NetBSD
enough that it is going to be my primary operating system once my 68LC040
is supported. (Or, once I get enough cash together to buy a real 68040. :)

Later...

--
        Mason Loring Bliss    /\    mason@acheron.middleboro.ma.us
      PGPKeyID: 0x25B3D5B5   /()\   awake ? sleep() : dream();