Subject: Re: kernel -current make problems...
To: Mason Loring Bliss <mason@acheron.middleboro.ma.us>
From: Colin Wood <cwood@ichips.intel.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 08/17/1997 19:56:44
Mason Loring Bliss wrote:

> On 8/17/97 at 9:56 AM -0700, you wrote:
>
> > Did you rebuild config?  There was a bug in config that built an incorrect
> > version of locators.h - this bug was fixed several weeks ago.
>
> No... I don't have drive space to track all of -current, so I'm only
> tracking the kernel, and *that* mainly just so I can get the hang of
> supping and kernel compiling.

As it turns out, 99% of problems building -current can be fixed by either
rebuilding config or rebuilding make ;-)  The rest can be solved by
resupping ;-)

> What's the easiest way to get the sources for a single program, like
> config? I'm not sure how the ftp site organizes source, but I'll try
> digging around. With luck each program will have its own directory, but as
> I haven't looked yet, I'll find out when I get there. :) (In the meantime
> I've simply repaired the file by hand.)

Luckily, there is a separate tar file for config in the same directory as
the rest of the tar files:

ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/NetBSD-current/src/tarfiles

I think.

> Thanks for the quick response, and thanks in advance for the information on
> extracting the -current sources for a single program, if it doesn't end up
> being as simple as I expect it will be.

Good luck!

Later.