Subject: Re: This is my ethernet card. There are many like it but this one is mine.
To: Dinsdale Piranha <dinsdale@vegas.infi.net>
From: Henry B. Hotz <hotz@jpl.nasa.gov>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 08/13/1997 16:21:02
At 9:13 PM 8/12/97, Dinsdale Piranha wrote:
>I have a IIcx.  Inside it is an Apple 8-bit video card (not an 8*24).  There
>are no other NuBus cards, leaving two slots available.  I plan to purchase
>an Asante MacCon, the one that's NuBus and works with a IIcx.  I also plan
>to continue running NetBSD 1.2 release version GENERIC.  According to what I

macbsd.jpl.nasa.gov is a IIci with an Asante Ethernet adapter.  It's
running a custom kernel now, but it ran fine with stock GENERIC.

This config only has one NuBus card instead of two of course.  What is the
status of NuBus interrupt handling?  Was that fixed on the II cx/ci as of
1.2?

In any case I *think* there were ways around the problems for most people.
Try switching the order of the cards and playing with the disable video
option in the booter.  I guess this isn't the level of reassurance you
wanted though.