Subject: Re: named?
To: Sheldon Simms <sheldon@atlcom.net>
From: Paul Goyette <paul@whooppee.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 08/09/1997 11:16:36
Yes - it is definitely possible to get named to work - I'm running it
right now.  There are sample/starter configuration files in /etc/namedb
directory.  I recommend you get a book on Bind, though.  One I found to be
useful is "DNS and BIND" by Paul Albitz & Cricket Liu, published by
O'Reilly & Associates.  You might check out their web site at www.ora.com

On Sat, 9 Aug 1997, Sheldon Simms wrote:

> This question isn't really mac68k specific but I decided to get PPP
> going yesterday afternoon and, as a learning experience, decided
> to try it on my own. I got it working without too much trouble after
> reading a lot of man pages but I never could figure out how to make
> named work. I eventually found the man page for resolv.conf, which
> is what I really wanted anyway, but I'm just curious - is it
> possible to have named running and working and, if so, are there
> some sample configuation files somewhere (in the PPP kit perhaps)?

| Paul Goyette       | PGP Public Key fingerprint:  | E-mail addresses:     |
| Network Consultant |     0E 40 D2 FC 2A 13 74 A0  |  paul@whooppee.com    |
| and kernel hacker  |     E4 69 D5 BE 65 E4 56 C6  |  paul_goyette@ins.com |