Subject: Re: creating A/UX partitions with mkfs
To: John Price <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Bob Nestor <rnestor@metronet.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 08/08/1997 17:53:08
>Thanks to Bob Nestor, I now have a working NetBSD system.  The problem
>(as I understand it) was that APS Powertools 4.0.9 uses a slightly
>different name for the Partition Type Field than everyone else does,
>which confused Mkfs.  Bob mucked about with his code to handle this
>while making dinner last night (potentially risking setting his house
>aflame!), and now it understands how to work with APT 4.0.9.  I assume
>that after some more testing, he'll put this in the usual places.

Well, dinner turned out fine and the house is still standing.  More
importantly Mkfs 1.45 executable and sources have been uploaded to both
puma and ftp.netbsd.org thanks to Allen and Scott.  Colin also has the
latest info and has hopes of getting the FAQ updated this weekend.

Let's see how long this one lasts before someone else finds another Mkfs
problem. ;-)

-bob