Subject: Re: ppp FAQ suggestions
To: G. Evans <gevans@televar.com>
From: Paul Goyette <paul@whooppee.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 08/08/1997 13:29:56
That's a pretty easy thing to do - just add "persist" to the
/etc/ppp/options file.

I dunno if it'll work with dynamic addressing, though.  At the very least
any active connections would _have_ to die if the IP address changes.

On Fri, 8 Aug 1997, G. Evans wrote:

> On Thu, 7 Aug 1997, Bill Studenmund wrote:
>
> > Date: Thu, 7 Aug 1997 20:51:38 -0700 (PDT)
> > From: Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@loki.stanford.edu>
> > To: port-mac68k <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
> > Subject: ppp FAQ suggestions
> >
> > Howdy!
> >
> > Also, what'd people like to see added?
> >
> > I'm trippling the README, and breaking it up. PAP & CHAP will be
> > described. And the ppp-debug script's getting fixed too (it was from
> > the dod kit, and needed sprucing up a little).
>
> How about making ppp detect when it has been disconnected and reconnect
> (as a command line option to ppp maybe?) automatically?  Could be included
> in the redial....  I dunno, just my 2 cents.
>

> -Greg Evans (gevans@televar.com)

| Paul Goyette       | PGP Public Key fingerprint:  | E-mail addresses:     |
| Network Consultant |     0E 40 D2 FC 2A 13 74 A0  |  paul@whooppee.com    |
| and kernel hacker  |     E4 69 D5 BE 65 E4 56 C6  |  paul_goyette@ins.com |