Subject: Re: stability
To: Steven N. Hirsch <shirsch@ibm.net>
From: Colin Wood <cwood@ichips.intel.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 08/06/1997 23:09:16
Steven N. Hirsch wrote:

[PAL SIMM's use in the II & IIx discussion snipped for brevity]

> Interesting.  Does this apply to use of 4 MB 30-pin SIMMs in an SE/30?  I
> would love to upgrade mine, but heard rumours that "standard" 4Mx8 modules
> didn't work.  If special SIMMs _are_ needed, who carries such a thing?

Although I seem to remember something about the hardware similarities
between the II and the SE/30, I don't remember whether or not it requires
special RAM.  According to Newer's RAM page (http://www.newerram.com), the
SE/30 simply requires 120ns or faster RAM, so I guess that means it uses
standard RAM.  Feel free to max out your SE/30 with the cheaper chips! ;-)
BTW, having more than 8MB of RAM requires MODE32, even under MacOS.

Later.