Subject: Re: stability?
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Peter Corbett <corbett@mtn.org>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 08/06/1997 20:11:19
Hello.

Charles Sprickman wrote:

---snip---
And is there any way to make a Mac automatically power up after a power
failure?
---snip---

Colin Wood wrote:

---snip---
Unfortunately, I don't think that there's an easy way to do this with a
IIx.  The IIcx does support this feature (it was the first Mac to do so,
IIRC).  There might be some external hardware you can buy to perform
this function, tho.
---snip---

If there isn't a round button on the back with a space to adjust it with
a screwdriver, one *might* keep some tape over the power key to keep it
down, but I don't know if that would mess anything else up. All I can
think of is that with that, pressing Command would drop it into (insert
debugger name here), and Command-Control would restart the machine.

Peter Corbett
corbett@mtn.org