Subject: Re: stability?
To: Christopher R. Bowman <crb@glue.umd.edu>
From: Adrian Rollett <acrollet@andrew.cmu.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 08/06/1997 17:16:04
On Wed, 6 Aug 1997, Christopher R. Bowman wrote:

> >	What kind of stability are those of you doing programming on these
> >boxes experiencing. Can you keep them up for days and days?
> >(asking for a programmer friend)
> >
> >-Adrian
>
> I can't really give you long up time statistics since I perodically compile
> new kernels and reboot using them. However, I can say that I can't remember
> the last time I crashed the kernel, further this is the rainy season/high
> electrical use season here in Washington DC and I have  been having short
> blackouts.  My IIci often stays up for weeks before such a blackout or
> kernel change, but then again I am working on one of the more stable
> machines, the Mac IIci's are pretty well supported.  Your mileage may vary
> if you have one of the stranger lc 475's or something, and I'll leave
> others to comment on that, what type of machine are you considering using?

A Mac IIci :)

I want to get a cache and see if I can get that to work, I've read that it
speeds things up considerably :) That and buying as video card <sigh>
money money money

-Adrian

Adrian Rollett						5425 Forbes Ave.
Majetich Lab - Carnegie Mellon University 		Pittsburgh, PA
acrollett@cmu.edu					15217
Finger for pgp public key etc.|