Subject: Re: stability?
To: Adrian Rollett <acrollet@andrew.cmu.edu>
From: Colin Wood <cwood@ichips.intel.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 08/06/1997 13:59:09
Adrian Rollett wrote:

> 	What kind of stability are those of you doing programming on these
> boxes experiencing. Can you keep them up for days and days?
> (asking for a programmer friend)

With the standard GENERIC kernels, and the ones that I compile myself
(without my own modifications) I haven't had any real stability problems.
Although I think the longest I've ever had my IIci up is about 23 days, it
generally only goes down when I reboot it or shut it down.  If I'm using a
kernel that I've messed with some, that's a different story altogether ;-)
Of course those kernels usually don't make it out of the boot sequence,
tho.

Later.