Subject: Re: disklabel for Iomega Jaz?
To: None <ADAMGOOD@delphi.com>
From: B. Alex King III <king@sunphy1.phy.uic.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 08/06/1997 12:56:30
[snip]

> > Does anyone happen to have a more progresive disktab file they can send me?
> > Or just a disktab entry suitable for a Jaz?
>
> No. For disk parameters, use something typical like 64 sectors/track, 32
> tracks/cylinder. Each cylinder is now one Megabyte.

I think I have found a suitable disk geometry.  Search the mailing-list
archives (late February/early March this year), I posted my parameters
there.  I haven't had any problems with it (with an sbc kernel that is).

> > Has anyone ever done a complete install of MacBSD from the BSD side without
> > using any of the Mac tools?
>
> We aren't there yet. You still need mkfs and the installer. You could install
> just base and cpin the other tar files. Then boot single user and just
> untar the other files.

I highly recommend this.  It seems like cpining all those files is a
pain, but the install goes *much* faster.

> Take care,
>
> Bill

Alex

"I hate broccoli, and yet, in a certain sense...I am broccoli"
						-The Tick

|B. Alex King III		|University of Illinois at Chicago	|
|email:	aking@uic.edu		|Department of Physics (M/C 273)  	|
|phone:	(312) 413-8565		|845 West Taylor Street, Room 2236	|
|fax:	(312) 996-90116		|Chicago, Illinois 60607-7059     	|