Subject: Re: Problem in mac68k -current, progress yet?
To: Charles Sebold <pretender@macstore.com>
From: Scott Reynolds <scottr@og.org>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 08/04/1997 08:39:11
On Fri, 6 Jun 1997, Charles Sebold wrote:

> >For some strange reason, the pmap_extract() call returns a value of
> >0xfd000800 while mac68k_vidphys contains 0xfd000400.  The latter value
> >agrees with what the booter passes in.
>
> Has any progress been made on this yet?

I believe this problem is finally (mostly) resolved.  I'm quite curious to
know if the SE/30 video problem has disappeared as a result; if you can
compile your own kernels, you should be able to SUP the kernel source and
build a working kernel now.

--scott

PS - it's `mostly' resolved because there is still a basically harmless
condition where ite0 won't attach to any grf device.