Subject: Re: Will this work?
To: William Quay <wquay@fast.net>
From: The Great Mr. Kurtz [David A. Gatwood] <davagatw@Mars.utm.edU>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 06/06/1997 10:12:13
On Fri, 6 Jun 1997, William Quay wrote:

> Will a performa 430 with only 4 mb of ram and a 90 mb hard drive be
> enough to run netbsd, or should I save my time and not bother
> downloading the software?
>
> And is the documentation pretty self-explanatory? and are there any
> gotchas that I should know about in advance?

There is one _small_ gotcha.  Since that machine, at least according to
the Machine Status page, doesn't have a way to add an FPU (math
coprocessor), you'll need to get a special math library that gets around
some problems that remain in the floating point emulation.  You can find
info about it at the FAQ on puma.

> TIA, and reply direct if you like -

I always reply doubly so that others can correct me.  :-)

David

|David A. Gatwood                    "My Head or my Heart...  that is   |
|davagatw@mars.utm.edu               the question. To be or not to be   |
|dgatwood@globegate.utm.edu                   is but a trifle."         |
|http://globegate.utm.edu                  http://www.utm.edu/~davagatw |
|http://mars.utm.edu/~davagatw             http://www.nyx.net/~dgatwood |