Subject: Re: Need help with filesystem (?) problem...
To: Paul Goyette <paul@pgoyette.bdt.com>
From: Riccardo Mottola <rmottola@spm.it>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 04/30/1997 19:39:00
> Hi everyone-

> I could benefit from an expert's insight on this one...  I've got an

> "almost" running system with a couple of glitches.  My machine is a

> IIci-  I've installed the 121 distribution (most, anyway) on a spare
80

> meg drive to try to make the transition over from Linux.  Like I
said,

> the system runs for the most part (it's a IIci using a Quantum 80
HD).

I've quite the same machine, only an IBM drive. Do you have problems
with the screen? the characters having sometimes a black background or
so? let me know.

> Each time I boot, I get the message "mode sense (4) returned
nonsense;

> using fictitious geometry."

I get the same message

The system seems to run fine for the most

> part-  all of the system binaries work fine-  everything else
_seems_ to

> be there but acts like it's not (i.e. games, x, etc...).  All the
files

> seem to be there, but I get "command not found" anytime I try to run

> anything.

you did not specify the path. Either but it in the startup script or
specify it everytime you use the command

werte you able to install the compiler and X11 on your drive? use the
printer and a modem? let me know

bye

   Dick