Subject: Re: Floppy LKM?
To: Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@loki.stanford.edu>
From: Hauke Fath <hauke@Espresso.Rhein-Neckar.DE>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 04/29/1997 07:43:54
At 22:25 Uhr +0200 27.04.1997, Bill Studenmund wrote:

>> Hi,
>>
>> Someone was working on an floppy LKM a while ago.

Err... that's me.

>>Can anyone tell me what
>> happend to it and where the sources are?  Occasionally I need to copy
>>tar files
>> from one machine to another and I absolutely hate rebooting.
>
>ftp://ftp.macbsd.com/private/hauke/iwmModule.tar.gz

Unfortunately, the driver in its current state is not really working, yet.
Allen helped me squash a major bug in it, and I found yet another one,
since - but even that is not the last one.

And even after I have found the unfamous last bug the "write" part still
remains to be written. So you should not exactly hold your breath for it.
;)

Nevertheless, thanks for asking. Peoples' interest is likely to push the
IWM driver up my priority list some. Stay tuned; I shall announce any
interesting changes in the project.

	hauke