Subject: What processor does the Classic use?
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: David A. Gatwood <marsmail@globegate.utm.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 04/28/1997 12:09:19
I'm assuming the Mac Classic (not II) isn't supported, since it's not
listed on the pages at puma.  It was built after the SE/30, right?
So it's a 68030, I assume, right?  Has anyone tried NetBSD on one?
Recently?  I know that'd be dog slow, but we have one just sitting here
(in the Foreign Language Computer Lab).  I thought if it were usable, I'd
let it take some load off our MkLinux box....  ;-)

(Somewhere in the back of my mind, I think I remember something from a few
months ago on this, but it's been ages.  And BTW, whatever happened to
the "not working and will likely never be == IIfx" part of the machine
status list?  :-)

David