Subject: Re: Serial Console
To: Vivian Bessler <vivb@netsoc.ucd.ie>
From: Erich Rast <h0444zkf@rz.hu-berlin.de>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 04/28/1997 13:32:13
On Sun, 27 Apr 1997, Vivian Bessler wrote:

First you have to decide which serial port you want to connect
your LC. I've connected my old MacPlus on the printer port,
so I had to change ttys to following (sorry, I don't have it here,
so it's a bit unprecise):

# blabla (forgot :( ... we actually run getty from

-> add a line like the one containing ttye0, but set on secure to "off
secure"

# mhmhmmh (eh...) hardwired lines

-> here, change the line containing "tty01" from "off secure" to "on
secure"

If you want to plug it in the modem port, do the same with ttye0 and
tty00. Sorry for this vague advice, I hope you got the point. I'm using
Kermit on my MacPlus which works fine exept the cursor key mappings.
I think ZTerm is an even better solution. After you've changed the
settings to the above and you only want to use your LC475 as *terminal*,
you can just boot NetBSD in normal multi user mode. You only have to set
the serial console option if you want to get system logging and error
messages on your console etc.

Greetings,
	   --- erich rast