Subject: Re: modifier keys
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Rick Hawkins <rhawkins@iastate.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 04/26/1997 09:14:44
> Take a look at the man pages for xmodmap(1).  It should do what you
want,
> I think.

yep, that did it.  Take that, evil corner key :)  ANd now there's a tiny
little piece of white plastic in my desk.  I'm sure that noone would
have removed a piece of a departmental computer, but my caps lock
doesn't stay down any more . . .

:)

Would I edit the termcaps database to swap keys at the bsd level?  Hmm,
and i better hit a keyboard file with resedit for the macos side . . .

> > Similarly, does option send a modifier to x?  I'd love an extra
> >modifier  to configure lyx . . .

> Yeah, I believe that option is mapped to Alt under X, as long as you
> don't use a left or right arrow key at the same time, that is.

Ahah.  I hadn't realized that I got so many modifiers in X . . .

ANd I happily found the sections on the pointer, but didn't get too far:
It seems that my right button simply sends a right-arrow key.  I don't
suppose there's a way to intercept by which adb device a key came from,
is there?

> I hope this helps.

THat did it, yes.  thanks.

rick