Subject: Re: your mail (ethernet question)
To: Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@loki.stanford.edu>
From: Christopher R. Bowman <crb@glue.umd.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 04/26/1997 00:32:51
At 13:40 -0400 4/25/97, Bill Studenmund wrote:

>> Okay, here's more info on my setup, answering Bill Studenmund.
>> >
>> >Hmm. What do the boot messages for each machine show is going on?
>> >You can find them in /kern/msgbuf (if you have /kern mounted).
>>
>> Boot message from the Centris 650 (named "centris"):
>>
>> nubus0 at mainbus0
>> ae0 at nubus0: address 02:60:8c:06:d9:50, type EtherNet card, 32KB memory
>> macvid0 at nubus0: Futura II LX
>> macvid0: Unknown video card ID 0x417 -- Not installing interrupt routine.
>
>Looks ok, I think.

Whoa thats not ok is it?  I mean isn't it finding a video card it doesn't
know for which it doesn't know how to shut off interrupt, and so it simply
isn't enabling *ANY* nubus interrupts?  Therefore the ether card can never
get an interupt to the cpu right?  Try pulling this fideo card and see if
things still don't work. (assuming you are fairly certain from the other
post from other that you have the configurations correct).

---------
Christopher R. Bowman
crb@eng.umd.edu
My home page