Subject: Install help
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Jeremy Bushman <jbushman@mwci.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 04/23/1997 22:59:44
I just tried to install NetBSD 1.2.1 onto a 200 MB SyQuest cart on my LC
475. Installation went well, but when it came time to boot to BSD, my
system hung. Not knowing if it was an extension/driver conflict, I
rebooted w/o any extensions, and tried booting BSD again. This time it
got further, but still hung.  I have the boot log (only one line in it),
which to me is not all that much help. Is it because of the SyQuest
install? I looked for the mentioned FAQ, but was unable to find it. Is it
a problem w/my computer? I have seen people on the list using 610's and
other 040 macs. Any ideas? TIA.

System info:
68040 (I upgraded from the LC040)
36 MB RAM

I am going to try to install again on a 500 MB HD to see if that helps
anything.

Jeremy