Subject: Re: dt-1.1.5 Problems and other stuff too.
To: Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@loki.stanford.edu>
From: The Great Mr. Kurtz [David A. Gatwood] <davagatw@Mars.utm.edU>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 04/23/1997 22:07:53
On Wed, 23 Apr 1997, Bill Studenmund wrote:

> > 1) Is it possible to telnet in and use dt on a faster connection or does dt
> > not like telnet?
>
> dt does not like telnet. It talks directly to the video and the keyboard,
> which doesn't work over a telnet session (plus you didn't telnet in from
> a mac running NetBSD as you'd have run dt there).

Right.  If you're trying to do multi-session stuff via something that
doesn't support multiple connections (i.e. a cheesy dialin or serial
console) try screen.

You mentioned ssh.  Last I checked (long time ago), there was no ssh
(client) for MacOS.  Is this still the case?  Anybody?

Later,

|David A. Gatwood             And Richard Cory, one calm summer night,  |
|davagatw@mars.utm.edu      Went home and put a bullet through his head.|
|dgatwood@globegate.utm.edu          --Edwin Arlington Robinson         |
|http://globegate.utm.edu                  http://www.utm.edu/~davagatw |
|http://mars.utm.edu/~davagatw             http://www.nyx.net/~dgatwood |