Subject: Re: Prolem with ptys
To: Albert Carter <SilverMoonTiger@wizzard.tiac.net>
From: Mark Andres <mark@giganet.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 04/23/1997 20:20:10
On Tue, 22 Apr 1997, Albert Carter wrote:

> list... I have yet to get sendmail working so I'm still emailing in the
> MacOS enviroment:()

You do **not** need to use sendmail to use e-mail with NetBSD.  My sending
this e-mail now is living proof.  To send e-mail, you just need an e-mail
program that understands a remote smtp-server.  I use Pine which is a
common UN*X e-mail program.  There are several pre-compiled versions out
there, or you can ftp the sources from ftp.washington.edu.  In Pine, from
the main menu, select (S)etup and then choose (C)onfig.  Then, you need to
set

smtp-server = <your.providers.smtp-server>
user-domain = wizzard.tiac.net  # in your case

You may have a problem getting your return address worked out if your
login name on your NetBSD system is different from the one at your
providers.

To receive mail on under NetBSD, you will probably need a POP client.  I
am using POPclient which is available pre-compiled in the Amiga binary
archive.

Mark Andres             E-mail: mark@giganet.net
    Running NetBSD and 100% Microsoft Free!