Subject: Re: IIvx incompatible with new version of booter...
To: Colin Wood <ender@is.rice.edu>
From: Nigel Pearson <nigel@ind.tansu.com.au>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 04/23/1997 11:00:20

> > as Mr. Zucca pointed out to me the first time i attempted to run NetBSD,
> > nothing except booter 1.9 (nothing later) seemed to work with my machine.
> > as i can foresee new features enabled in the booter (see below), what is
> > this problem, and is there any fix planned?  this problem also seems to
> > confuse many new IIvx-NetBSD users...
>
> I'm not sure who the current Booter maintainer is...

	That would be me, although I have not done much yet.

> perhaps Brian is still doing it, although I'm not sure.

	Brian doesn't have a 68k Mac any more, so he is mainly "advisory"
in any Booter maintenance.

> Is there anyone with enough skill
> out there to figure out why versions of the Booter past 1.9 don't
> workon the IIvx?

	This is actually the first I heard of this problem. A friend has
a IIvx, so I will start doing some testing.

	The only other Booter problem that I have heard of is the one
which requires you to zap the PRAM for the kernel to boot on AV Quadras.
I think that this is internal Ethernet or LocalTalk interrupt related,
though, and should not be the problem here.

--
|Nigel Pearson, nigel@ind.tansu.com.au|"so we came up with a golden rule   |
| Telstra IN Platforms, Sydney, Aust. | whatever works for you             |