Subject: Booter 1.9.7 now available
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Stephen Brown <sbrown@best.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 04/22/1997 18:08:57
Hi,

There's a new version of the booter available now on puma:

	<ftp://puma.macbsd.com/pub/NetBSD/booter/Booter1.9.7.hqx>

There's a README-1.9.7 file in the same directory that describes
the one and only real change.  That change is that there is now
an "Auto-set GMT bias" checkbox that enables the booter to auto-
magically grab the time zone offset from the MacOS.  This means
that if you have this setting on and you change your MacOS time
(such as going into or out of DST or moving to a different time
zone), then the booter will figure out the correct offset with
no user intervention.  So, you only need to make sure that the
MacOS time and "Map" control panel settings are kept correct.

Anyway, the minor changes made to support this functionality(and
to get the booter to compile in Think C 7.0) are entirely my doing.
I have been using the new booter on my system for several days now
with no noticable problem.  If you see any problems, however,
please let me know.

Steve Brown,
sbrown@best.com

p.s.  The booter and associated source is also available at:
		<ftp://ftp.best.com/pub.s/sbrown/NetBSD/booter/>
	However, access to that site can be slow sometimes unless
	you're on the west coast of the U.S.