Subject: IIvx incompatible with new version of booter...
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Armen Babikyan <armenb@moof.ai.mit.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 04/22/1997 19:31:33
as Mr. Zucca pointed out to me the first time i attempted to run NetBSD,
nothing except booter 1.9 (nothing later) seemed to work with my machine.
as i can foresee new features enabled in the booter (see below), what is
this problem, and is there any fix planned?  this problem also seems to
confuse many new IIvx-NetBSD users...
my IIvx seems to freeze any time i attempt to boot it up in 16-bit color. I
do this accidently at times, and it is annoying to keep restarting the
machine. is this the booter's problem or the kernel's? if it is the
kernel's, what kernel/kernel patch would fix this?
thanks a lot,
  - a