Subject: DAFB on Q700 Re: GENERIC-27 and the Q630
To: Allen Briggs <briggs@puma.macbsd.com>
From: Christoph Ewering <eweri@uni-paderborn.de>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 04/21/1997 19:18:03
> That's exactly what it's doing.  If someone has a list of which models
> definitely have the DAFB, I'd like to see it.  I've just added code,
> however, to be a bit more careful with the DAFB case--it should not
> crash with this change.
>
> -allen

Hello Allen!

I have always tested the madhatter-kernels with my Mac set to
black/white because of running X.
If I boot NetBSD in true-color, the kernel did not use the
internal-video at all.
In the last few days i accidently booted NetBSD with a madhatter#39 in
true-color and - what a surprice - it uses the internal video in a
white on black mode and it detects a DAFB on Sense 1.
It wasn't possible to start X and the printing on the screen was VERY
slow(one or two lines per secound), but it's works. :-)

Maybe this is a good information for you.

Bye,
	Christoph

Christoph Ewering         eweri@uni-paderborn.de
Husarenstrasse 48         Fon: 05254 12555
33104 Paderborn           www.uni-paderborn.de/Admin/eweri/