Subject: Re: GENERICSBC #28 doesn't boot
To: Jeffrey Ohlmann" , "Josh Hope <otaku@hick.com>
From: Bob Nestor <rnestor@metronet.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 04/20/1997 18:19:27
>My P550 didn't like SBC-27, even with the base-27 binaries installed.
>Boot problems were similar on my Zip (although the exact point of hang-up
>evades my memory).  I left the base-27 in place but returned to SBC-25,
>which continues to work fine; in fact, I got ps to work, which was why I
>was trying -27 in the first place.

The Performa-550 uses the Cuda chip for ADB.  The Hardware Direct code
isn't completely funtional for all variants of the Cuda yet, and doesn't
work reliably on the Performa-550. You'll need an MRG Kernel.  If you
want you can get the one I built after a 4/19 SUP.  It has everything
recently released in -current except it's an MRG based Kernel.

<http://users.aol.com/bobnestor/GENERIC.tgz>

If you need an SBC variant of this Kernel let me know and I'll put one
together.

-bob