Subject: Re: dt
To: Albert Carter <SilverMoonTiger@wizzard.tiac.net>
From: Colin Wood <ender@is.rice.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 04/20/1997 13:47:53
>   I've just recently (last night) downloaded dt-1.1.5 from
> ftp://ftp.macbsd.com/pub/NetBSD/utils/dt I think that's the URL for it
> anyways.  But I got the 1.1.5 version.  I'm wondering if there's anyway of
> getting it so it brings up more than 3 virtual terminals.

Have you read the README? or CONFIG?  I believe that your question is
answered in there, but anyway, the answer is yes.  If you want to open
more terminals once dt has started, just do a command-O.  If you want more
than 4 terminals, make sure that you have more than 4 ptys, though.  If
you want dt to start up with more than 3 terminals, you need to change a
variable in config.h in the source and recompile dt.

> Also is there
> any support for color with the internal video with dt or does that need to
> wait for the work that's currently being done?  I'm extremely anxious to
> actually see color with NetBSD and can't wait to see it.

No real color support at the moment (there are rudimentary hooks in the
source code, but the functions aren't really filled out yet).  It will
probably have to wait until the color driver code is completely fleshed
out and integrated into the tree (unless you want to work on it yourself
;-)

Later.