Subject: NetBSD/mac68k Boot Floppy
To: NetBSD Mac68k <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Colin Wood <ender@is.rice.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 04/20/1997 01:42:02
I've just uploaded a disk image onto puma for booting NetBSD on a Mac.  It
can be quite useful if you decide to devote your entire hard drive to
NetBSD and don't want to have to keep a MacOS partition hanging around.
The disk image is a Disk Copy 4.2 image.  The floppy should be capable of
booting any of the Mac models which can currently run NetBSD (or are ever
likely to run it for that matter).  The system is based on System 7.5 so
it is a bit slow booting on slower machines.  Anyway, when you use this
floppy to boot, it will immediate launch the Booter (there is no Finder on
the disk).  The Booter has the following settings:

o Autoboot at 10 seconds (important because you need to stop booting if
	you want to change the settings)
o Multi-user boot (i.e. not single-user)
o kernel name: netbsd
o partition name: NetBSD Root & Usr
o 8 MB Ram, Auto-Size Ram
o GMT Bias: -300 (i.e. CDT)
o root SCSI ID: 2

If you need to change any of these, simply stop the boot, change the
settings, choose Save Options & Preferences from the File menu, and quit
the Booter.

If you have any questions about this floppy, feel free to ask me.  Oh, I
almost forgot, the location is somewhere under:

ftp://ftp.macbsd.com/pub/NetBSD/contrib/

I'm not quite sure where yet, because David needs to put it wherever it
will finally go.

Later.

P.S.  David, could you please find a suitable place for the disk image?