Subject: GENERICSBC #28 doesn't boot
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Josh Hope <otaku@hick.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 04/19/1997 15:48:04
I've been booting for the past week off of the SBC #12 with no problems.
I installed SBC #28 (the newest I could find). While booting, the
computer hangs at this line:

sbc0 at obio0: options=1<PDMA>

After that line is displayed, the light on my EZ drive stays red as if it
was accessing, but you can't hear it accessing. I sat there for about 15
minutes, with no change in status...

Configuration information:

Performa 600 (no FPU)
12MB RAM
Booting off of: SyQuest EZ 135
  15MB Mac OS partition
  20MB swap
  100MB root&usr
Internal 160MB drive (manufacturer: IBM), all partitioned for Mac OS
comp121, base121, and etc121
I boot with no extensions on, and monitor set to black and white

I hope I left nothing out on that config stuff there. I re-installed #12,
and it works fine (except for a string of parity errors on my internal
drive, which it's been doing...that's why I wanna upgrade, to get rid of
those)

I'm going to go get #27 and see if that's any different. I may work down
until I find a usable kernel...

Any help would be much appreciated...thanks!

Josh Hope
3 certainties in life: (1)Death (2)Taxes (3)Gas in Church