Subject: Re: X windows
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Rick Hawkins <rhawkins@iastate.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 04/18/1997 20:45:10
> How do I know how much free memory I have in the 50 megas A/UX Root&Usr
> partition?

df will report on all partitions

> How do I know how much RAM is the computer usign in the 20 megas Swap
> partition?

there are probably easier ways, but "top", which you can get from the
amiga contrib directory, will tell you such things.

> What do I have to do to install X windows on a Zip disk besides doing the
> partition to that disk?

1) use the sbc kernels or else :)

> Can I install the xbase12, xcomp12 and the xserver12 all in the Zip disk?
> Do I have to install it with the "NetBSD/Mac Install Utility 1.1"?

if you want these files on your zip, create the directory /usr/X11R6 as
a symlink to the zip before uninstalling.  But you don't need the
installer anymore--

cd /
tar -xzvf /zip/xbase12

will untar the entire thing for you (and faster)

> How can I create a new account to use when the netbsd ask me for the login?
see the faq; it explains vipw & creating the necessary stuff

> Is there a ftp program that I can use with the netbsd?

built in :)

> where can I get a web browser to use with netbsd?
the amiga distribution

> Where can I get a email program like pine or anothers?

mail is built in; others are in the amiga

> how do I print the information that is in the screen when I have running
> the netbsd?

> Has anybody installed the 8 bit color x server with a Mac IIsi?

only with nubus; it doesn't work with internal

rick