Subject: Re: booting the macIIsi
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Mr. Laleo Olsen <laleo@corner.strange.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 04/18/1997 21:50:51
On Fri, 18 Apr 1997, Colin Wood wrote:

> I believe that the current console emulates a vt220 terminal, so you'd
> want to type 'vt220' (without the quotes, of course).  Another usable
> option is to type 'vt100'

mmmhh, on my mac IIsi the vt220 emulation did not look very nice. It
cannot change from bold to normal, doesnt underline properly, etc. I
figured out that entering "mac" is a minimal solution to this problem, at
least on my configuration. It tc=vt100, so i added a vt100 with li#48 to
use the whole screen and saved it in .termcap in my home directory.
But how do I change the termcap globally? - Editing
/usr/share/misc/termcap didnt change anything. Do I have to compile it to
a db?

BTW, does anyone know how I can dt to display input under the statusline?
Some programs with status line (eg. smallirc) mess up the status line with
input (or cant fix it on the screen) but work fine without dt.

Yours,
	--laleo