Subject: Re: make problem
To: Max Leek <max@spidaweb.eils.lib.id.us>
From: Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@loki.stanford.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 04/18/1997 09:28:13

> Apologies are at the end of this message.
>
> I'm trying to "make" a program called zclient, a Z39.50 client.  I get the
> following report:
>
> killick# make
> cd ../api; make;
> cc -c -o ./msg.o ./msg.c -qarch=pwr2 -qlanglvl=ansi -DPOSIX   -I.
> cc: unrecognized option `-qarch=pwr2'
> cc: unrecognized option `-qlanglvl=ansi'
> ./msg.c: In function `msg_make':
> ./msg.c:109: conflicting types for `sys_errlist'
> /usr/include/errno.h:48: previous declaration of `sys_errlist'
> *** Error code 1
>
> Stop.
> *** Error code 1
>
> Stop.
>
> I'm guessing that I can edit out the unrecognized options from the
> Makefile, but will I need to replace them with something?

My guess is that you need to re-configure the package. The "-qarch=pwr2"
option looks a lot like options on AIX (IBM's UNIX) to specify if you're
optimizing for a Power, PowerPC, or Power2 series machine.

> msg.c:109 looks just like errno.48, but I don't know if I can delete one,
> or which one.

I bet one's const and the other's not, or the typedef of char was
changed. Just delete the one at msg.c.

Take care,

Bill