Subject: CommSlot ROM?
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Denny Gentry <denny1@home.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 04/16/1997 08:56:18
>> Does anyone know of any documentation on the comm slot that would be
>> accessable? I still have the LC040 problem, so I won't be able to work on
>> the ethernet quite yet.
>
> The Comm Slot, if Apple follows a pattern at all, will just look like a
> nubus slot or two.

  Actually I'd be surprised if it has a declaration ROM. Apple
stresses in their DevNotes that it is not an expansion slot.
The CS cards are also really cheap. I'd bet it is a
Sonic in the 16 bit package (save a couple bucks) with no
ROM (save another 50 cents). The MacOS software would have to
probe some internal register in the card to determine what is
there.