Subject: Re: Quadra 605
To: Jonathan Lyons <lelsoft1@mail1.nai.net>
From: Bob Nestor <rnestor@metronet.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 04/15/1997 18:09:45
>The Quadra 605 is _exactly_ the same as the Performa 475...as a matter of
>fact, my Quadra 605 has the name "Macintosh Performa" imprinted on the
>front.

The Gestalt ID for the Quadra 605 is 94 and the Gestalt ID for the
Performa 475 is 89. So at this level the two are not _exactly_ identical
even if you change the faceplate.  If you dig a bit deeper into the ROMs
you'll find that although the two share many common routines, they use
some different sequences for ADB interrupt handling.  From a NetBSD point
of view, if your Kernel is built on the MRG routines, the two systems are
not _exactly_ the same, but very similar.

-bob