Subject: Re: Quadra 605
To: CAGNARD Paul-Jean <cagnard@iishp1.unil.ch>
From: Jonathan Lyons <lelsoft1@mail1.nai.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 04/15/1997 16:51:07
>On Sat, 12 Apr 1997, Jonathan Lyons wrote:
>
>> Yeah, sorry, I builty devices, booted into single-user mode, changed the
>> ttys, and everything worked peachy in multi-user mode...
>>
>> I had forgotten to build devices...
>
>Can you boot without serial console ? What kernel are you using ? I'm
>desperately trying to boot NetBSD on my Performa 475, which should be
>quite similar to a Quadra 605.
>
>Thanks,
>
>Paul-Jean Cagnard, cagnard@alphanet.ch
>"Gianna Nannini, pourquoi tant de N ?"

The Quadra 605 is _exactly_ the same as the Performa 475...as a matter of
fact, my Quadra 605 has the name "Macintosh Performa" imprinted on the
front.

I can't boot without a serial console.

Also, did you get a mc68040 upgrade? If not, your 475 still has a 68LC040,
which is incompatible currently with NetBSD. You can get a mc68040 from
companies like Sonnet, where I got mine from. Just look in a MacMall or
similar Mac mail-order catalog.

Jonathan Lyons
lelsoft1@ct1.nai.net

P.S. Oh....and I'm using the Generic 26 kernel