Subject: Appletalk over Printerport? CAP, netatalk?
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Christoph Ewering <eweri@uni-paderborn.de>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 04/15/1997 17:19:37
Hello!

I wonder if it is possible to run CAP or netatalk over the printerport
under NetBSD.
As far as I know, netatalk has to build during kernel compilation, but
runs as a demon, right?
I'm unable to compile a kernel, so i have to use CAP.

If it is possible to run CAP over the printerport, i would like to
build a LocalTalk-net with my Q700 running NetBSD and my 165c running
MacOS.

And if this is possible, will it be possible to mount the hfs-volumes
that are on the scsi-bus of the BSD-Mac on the 165c Powerbook?
Like this:
hfs-volume(SCSI-bus) -> Q700(NetBSD)
 -> CAP(Printerport) -> PB 165c(Icon on desktop from hfs-volume)

Hope someone will understand what i mean.

Thanks,
	Christoph

Christoph Ewering         eweri@uni-paderborn.de
Husarenstrasse 48         Fon: 05254 12555
33104 Paderborn           www.uni-paderborn.de/Admin/eweri/